Friday, April 25, 2014

Everyday

This week I met with my mentor, Drew Tablott for the first time since I began this project. I talked to him about what this project is all about and how I plan on gaining more confidence thought this project. I talked to him about different ideas on how to achieve this and he gave me one simple task to follow. Eye contact. He told me once I am able to make eye contact with others the rest will come easily. He said just a smile and eye contact will help me feel more open with others. When he said this I thought it would be really easy to do but to be honest it is so hard. He gave me the task of just make eye contact and smile at every person that I went on mission trip with this spring break in the hallway this week. So far out of the 30 some kids, I have only done this to about 3. And yes one was my sister. I just don't understand why it is so hard for me to preform such a simple task. I hope this week I am able to make more of a dent and try to communicate more with people. I think that by being able to do such a simple thing it will boost my confidence and help me become a stronger person! 

No comments:

Post a Comment