Friday, April 11, 2014

The Start of Something New

   So apparently there are 4 steps in being more confident in yourself, so this next week I am going to try and follow these steps and see how the work out for me and report back next week my results! Here are the steps:
 

Step 1: Identify troubling conditions or situations

This means I need to find places that make me feel less comfortable, such as school and large groups.

Step 2: Become aware of thoughts and beliefs

Next I need to think about what I think about I think about when I am put in these situations. What makes me feel uncomfortable in these situations and why do I feel less confident in myself? 

Step 3: Challenge negative or inaccurate thinking

Then I need to challenge myself to figure out how to stop making myself feel inadequate and figure out why I try to make myself feel this way.   

Step 4: Adjust your thoughts and beliefs

Lastly, I need to find ways to change my thoughts and feelings about situations and help make myself feel more positive in them! Some ways to do this is by using hopeful thoughts, forgiveness, thinking positive and encouragement! 

I am excited to see how this works out for me and I hope to have positive results to report back next week! 




1 comment:

  1. This definitely looks really interesting! I love the idea of challenging the thoughts and actions that make us nervous and putting ourselves into awkward and funny situations! It'll help you grow as a person! Great outline!

    ReplyDelete